Make No Small Plans

Make No Small Plans - Burnham



Friday, August 27, 2010

Not a rocket...

Here's the start of my attempt to make a miniature bottom fired crucible furnace.

The atmospheric burner is designed to pull in cool air from the venturi effect produced by the jet of propane fuel which it uses to produce the flame.

The flame will be directed into the bottom of the stainless tube body which will be lined with ceramic fiber refractory. The graphite crucible will be suspended by a refractory plate at the top of the tube.

I haven't a clue whether this arrangement will work or not... It seems plausible, but only finishing it and testing it will decide its design merit.

I'll have to give it a rest until next weekend, but I'll post as much as I can!

Mobile: Gary Overman

No comments:

Blog Archive